Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Kristyn!


You don't look a day older!
So the first time I met Kristyn was on a grassy knoll, no wait, a grassy field watching Paul play soccer in SF. I'd been told you were dating and maybe more and I thought, "she is either really nervous or just a friendly, funny gal". It turns out all were true! Paul was equally excited to see you come cheer him on and to this day, you still both make a fun, friendly team. You are a wonderful friendly person and I love that that is truly who you are. I love you!
"Hide yo wife, hide yo kids-it's Kristyn's Birthday! Hooray!"

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

Oh myyyy. That's quite the photo that I had forgotten about. (I'll be sure to return the favor on your bday, k? I think I have one of you sleeping with drool dripping out your mouth. Just kidding. I think it's a fun shot. [Yours, not mine] :). Thanks Jenny for the bday wishes! You are such a doll!

Kristyn said...

Jenny, first off, I just noticed your reference to the video I posted. I'm SOOO glad you liked it. You may or may not be getting random phone calls from me quoting it. I cannot handle how funny it is. Seriously. Homeboy.

Also, that is so funny you thought I was really nervous or excited when you first met me - probably both were true! I'm guessing I was playing with my hair? Probably. But I've said it before that you were my saving grace in Mesa - you took me under your wing and made sure we were fed and taken care of on so many levels. I'll never forget you for that. Times like that I realize how important family is! I was dying that summer for friendship, and you, your family, Wendy and Sam were literally a godsend. You have that knack, Jen, a motherly instinct that extends beyond your children, to care for others. I love it. You always put others' needs above your own. Thanks for being such a great role model to me also when we lived in Mesa as to what a mother should be. You're the best Jenny.