Monday, August 10, 2009

The Spanish Steps in Rome
The Rodin Museum. He's the artist who sculpted "The Thinker"
Just relaxing.
Oh this is the coolest sculpture. Its of two people about to kiss, but look, you can see through it! Thats wild. It was beautiful.

2 comments:

Sharalea said...

You're HOME! :) I am so glad you went, enjoyed, delighted, ate, photographed, and did it all so SAFELY! (We had just watched the movie Taken before you left, so we were a bit *jittery*)

So I can't wait to chat it out w/you & see more pics...until then, these are my questions:

1. What was your biggest surprise on the trip (or event/moment/thing that surprised you the most)?

2. What was the most frustrating thing that happened on the trip?

3. How did you keep up your smashing good looks while travelling?

4. Was there anything you wish you had NOT packed? Anything you wish you HAD packed?

5. Overall, how was the general opinion of America/Americans?

6. What is your favorite phrase to say in another language?

7. What was your favorite European meal?

8. Which places would you go back?

9. Is there a part of you that has changed or what is something new you have learned from the experience?

10. Tell me one of the funniest stories from the trip...

:)

that's all.
Loveyou!

Anonymous said...

1. Thing that surprised me the most.. the cost of food.
2. Most frustrating thing that happened was missing our shuttle to the Paris airport to fly to Rome. We had to take a really expensive taxi instead.
3. Smashing good looks? I dont know that I did. I felt pretty gross a lot of the time, and didnt wear very much makeup. I put my hair up A LOT too.
4. Ya, I wish I hadn't packed a lot actually. like.. I brought two different kinds of lotion. That was unnecessary. I brought an extra pair of shoes that I didn't need. Just little things I didn't need. I cant think of anything that I wish I had while I was there. OH! a bag with wheels on it. That would have saved me so much!
5. I couldn't ever really tell if there was an opinion about Americans.. I guess. I never felt hated or anything.
6. No favorite phrases, I didn't learn any really. Oops
7. Loved the Gnocchi in Italy. Its little pasta balls in sauce. Delicious!
8. I would go back to Versailles in Paris, and Rome and Florence. So I guess all of it!
9. Ya, I think I have changed from going there, it made me really really grateful for America, and just the things that I have. It made me really grateful to live in a place that isn't humid, and to have a car that I can just get in and go. I missed just all the little conveniences we have. You know? You told me about that before I left.
10. Funniest thing huh.. Hmmmm. I cant think of one big funny thing, mostly it was just me and rachel making jokes, and saying silly things I guess. We probably have a lot of inside jokes now. Just like mispronounced French words and stuff like that. Good question though. I'll keep thinking about it.