Saturday, July 18, 2009

I'm here and I haven't been robbed yet

no, I'm not pessimistic, I'm just aware. Let me first start by saying our flight to Paris from Chicago was amazing. Has anyone every flown business class? If you get the chance I highly recommend it. We had those seats that lean all the way back, and got served two meals. Dinner was a three course meal, and was so good. They gave us socks and pillows and blankets. It was so comfy. So we're here in Paris now. Its really really cute here. It reminds me a lot of New York, only a lot less honking all the time. It's rained both days we've been here so far, and has been really chilly. It doesn't feel like summer, except down in the metro. Today we tried to go to the Louvre but it was closing earlier than we thought so we didn't get to go. We'll go back tomorrow and the next day and the next. As much as we want, we have passes that let us go as much as we want. We walked around outside the Louvre for a while and went to where we could see the Eiffel Tower, and the Arc de Triomphe. Wendy remember all that? Anyway, its been fun, and very interesting. It makes me miss being someplace where I understand the language. Ok, thats it for now. Love Peggy

1 comments:

Wendy said...

I remember it all! EEk! I'm so excited and jelous! I remeber what I wanted as a souvenier- pictures of the fountain in ROme! The trident with fishies and stuff... anyhoo....