Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hello Family!!

When in Rome..... you will sweat a lot. You will eat Gelato every single day... maybe even twice. You will see some really really old stuff. you will pay a lot of money for water..and any kind of beverage really. You will smell.. just like the Romans do. I think that's where the saying comes from. Ya, I'm pretty sure. But Rome is super ROMAntic at night. There are so many piazza's and little courtyards with big fountains. Its the best! On Sunday we went to Mass at St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican. No big deal. But let me just tell you, that basilica is AMAZING. It is sooo big, and gorgeous. Pictures couldn't capture it. I posted a few of it. The one of me standing in the blue dress is there. Big place no? Super cool to get to go to mass there. Like I said, no big deal. Our hostel was actually just across the street from the Vatican wall. So that was cool. If you've seen the movie Angels and Demons yet, you'll recognize that other picture I posted. And remember that movie "only you"? Remember the part when they go to the "mouth of truth"? Well that's what Rachel and I are sticking our hands into. The Italians have been really nice too. Much nicer than the french were and they speak English really well.

2 comments:

Pack of Robinsons said...

so are you carrying all your cloths in your backpack that you have in the pictures? How does all that work so I can plan my trip for someday. Am I to old to stay in a Hostel?

Anonymous said...

ya, I think you are just way too old to stay in a hostel. Ha, but no worries, the first two places we stayed were actually hotels, so you could stay there. And they were just as cheap. You can find really cheap places over here. Its great. And no, I'm not carrying everything in that backpack. I brought another bigger bag too. We leave that in our room with a lock on it. The backpack we just carry stuff we'll want that day. Like a water bottle, our monies, my journal, her sketch book etc. I recommend Rome for you jenny. In May.