Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nov 29 2008

I'll post the rest of the photos later, but here are the pictures from the cabin. Thanks again to Vic and Molly for suggesting it, and a BIG thank you to Leland and Marleney for covering the expense. What a wonderful present to all of us!

I'm sorry it took me so long to upload these, and also, all of these pictures are guinea pigs for me when it comes to processing. I have a new appreciation for Joy and Jason and their refined sense of how to process photos - it's a lot harder than it looks!!

It was so great seeing everyone. The talking, the crying, the eating - it was all perfect. Hope you all had a great time as well, and here's to looking to the next big family gathering - Christmas '09!

And Vic and Molly - cool trophy! It's a lot bigger than I had thought it was going to be, so I'm maybe I'm glad we threw our entry this year to not win - it wouldn't have fit in our car with everything we had. Whew. I know it was a close one there with our awesome castle. Just kidding. Everyone's was great, and I'm already looking forward to the next competition.










8 comments:

Sharalea said...

Wow. You Jacksons sure are good looking people!! And creative too! Love the contest, the smiles, the long table full of feast & gratitude. Great pictures (kudos to Jason, yes?), thanks for posting. I could FEEL the fantastic fun that was enjoyed!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

These are so great!!!! Great job Kristyn! (we won't comment on how i look in some of them...) but they are still great. The gingerbread houses are awesome. It was such a fun weekend.

paynejandj said...

Great job Kristyn! You did a lot of work. Thank you for that!

Anonymous said...

the barn is just amazing. if I do say so myself. All of them are. Great pictures Kristyn. They look professional.

Jen and Joe. said...

I vote for the lighthouse.

(Though, the foil angel moroni is quite stunning)

{my word verification on this comment is 'mated.' is that word allowed on this blog? Though, after reading about Paul & Kristyn's rendezvous in the dining room on Jenny's blog, I guess so}

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

... update on the cabin.

The owners said we left it in great shape and they were excited about having 9 breakfast burritos ready and waiting for them in the oven...

Kristyn said...

Blast! Are you serious Molly? I was so craving them when we got back to Le and Marlene's and couldn't the find them anywhere!! No wonder.

marlenegetsmail said...

Oh, I didn't know there were any left. It was so great to be with you. I think the cabin was really worth it and I am glad the owner was pleased. Thanks for all of you who traveled so far. Love Ya Marlene