Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dear Family.
I have been checking around and found out some of you do not have a Victor Rex Jackson book. who still needs one? They are brown and thick. Grandpa Jackson was giving them out when his grandchildren got married. I think he missed some of you. Anyway, I do need to know as there are four left and I am goint to acqire them if four of you need it. Of course I don't know if any of the cousins still need one. I hope everyone has it. The histories in it are wonderful
So, let me know.
Dad and I were are Vic and Molly's this Fri. Their tree, giving to them by the ward, was beautiful and touching. I appreciate that gesture, to give something from the heart . They will show you a picture soon I hope and describe what is on it.
We finally have snow. Its a little late but it is snow.
I am looking forward to the Holidays and hope you have a great time. We talked about traditions in Relief Society. They are important aren't they. What are some of your traditions that you've developed as you have blended yours and your spouse's traditions.
When Dad and I first got married, we had to decide if Santa wrapped the gifts. I said he didn't . Dad said he did. I think I won. Didn't I? Then we wanted to open a present Christmas Eve. We did do that. Dad was the one who started the tooth brush in the stocking. He also liked nuts at Christmas. I started baking cookines for the neighbors. Now we don't do that.
We still have a puzzel out to put together. We have the Christmas story.
I hope to hear from you, have a great week. MOm

2 comments:

paynejandj said...

Mom- we need a book!

Pack of Robinsons said...

Mom, we have a book. We also have toothbrushes in our stockings and a Christmas puzzle. We had the same 'santa wrap' debate but now, Santa wraps small things and not the big things like bikes! We also read the Nephites short account of Christmas on Christmas morning. They had waited so long for that sign and were happy just to know of it. We're thankful for the little things that aren't so little. -Jenny