Sunday, June 29, 2008

Six Degrees of Lucy

Chris here - Just a small note of something that happened to me the other day. I had a civil traffic hearing last week. After the hearing, the Judge asked me if my family was alright, since I had to continue a couple of various hearings during the week of Lucy's funeral. I told him about Lucy and why I was gone. He looked absolutely surprised and said, "I heard about that! My wife told me about a little girl in Utah who choked on an apple and died." I asked him where his wife heard about it and he, unfortunately, could not recall. He expressed his condolences and wished our family well. I had a moment to bear a brief testimony to the judge about the Lord's hand in our lives and the knowledge that we would see Lucy again.

I am astounded at the far-reaching effects that Vic and Molly's little angel has had. Now, this might be a little irreverent, (forgive me) but the following is just how my brain works: You've heard of the "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" (based on a variation of the concept of the small world phenomenon and states that any actor can be linked through his or her film roles to actor Kevin Bacon). Well, I'm starting to seriously consider the phenomenon "Six Degrees of Lucy Jackson." I believe that everyone has either been affected, or know someone who has been affected, by little Lucy. If not, I at least had the opportunity to bear a testimony to a Gilbert judge, who just might remember this in the future when presented again with the truth of eternal families.

1 comments:

paynejandj said...

Our friends, Lottie Hepworth Klingler who married Greg Klingler, moved to Albq from Idaho. They have since moved to Washington State. They heard about Lucy and come to find out (because of this), Lottie knows Molly. Well, she knows Bice (Nathan) to be more specific. She said "I didn't know your brother married Molly Bice!!!". She was talking about it in Washington with some people she knows there and THEY had heard about Lucy! Six degrees.