Sunday, September 20, 2009

When Vanita left she asked me to stay in touch with her friend Lola who is Apache Indian. Lola wants to get her daughters baby adopted. He daughter is in and out of jail. So,long story short she is ready for this to happen. She has asked for John Bean to adopt the baby. I called John and Serene. They are still having a little shock with this new idea. Lola doesn't want to go with Family Services and she wants John to come down and get the baby soon. Like next week. Serene and John have to get some work done. Legal papers and such. They are still in shock. I don't know what will really happen. I know a friend of Joy's and tried to create an interest in that opportunity. I felt when I told her they were Navajo that was a turn off. I guess Apache and Navajo don't see eye to eye. Anyway, John and Serene are in the middle of a big life change, if indeed this does happen. I just about called you Vic but I am not sure they are ready for that even.I still hope the baby is placed soon and to the right family. John and Serene want that too. No one is positive how this will work. Indians follow their own rules I have learned.
Grandma is doing fine. Lonely too but fine. Any calls or letters brighten her day.
Dad's birthday in Tues. Jack's birthday was Sat. 10 years old. Jenny's is coming up and then Haileys. Love you and are looking to going to Calif. in Nov. Thanks for your blogs and pictures. I love them and feel connected to you a little. Love MOm

1 comments:

Linda said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LELAND! What can be better than a new little namesake!? so sweet. I have not kept up with birthdays this whole year since being called as Relief Society President. I hope that I eventually get better at some balance and find my head! xo Linda