I really have no idea if anyone is interested in seeing more photos from our trip. Are you? We spent some significant and wonderful time with Joe and Jen and little Ian. They are wonderful! We love them. They were wonderful hosts. They drove all the way to the Providence, Rhode Island airport to pick us up and drop us off. Upon arriving at their home, after a very very long day, I stepped into the guest room where we were staying to find a very thoughtful gift basket. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of it. It contained maps of all the nearby states and sights, traditional New England Salt Water Taffy, chocolate truffles, local pineapple/orange candies, and most touching was some stationary she made.
I just sat on the bed and sobbed. It was so thoughtful in such a difficult time. To be attending your brother's wedding without your daughter. To be on a "family" vacation without your whole family. For us to be doing anything (living) without her...Well, it was very touching.
Here are a few more photos of our Jackson Family time in New England:

Here we are in front (behind?) of the Jackson House in Portsmouth, RI. It is the oldest standing/surviving home in all of Maine and New Hampshire. It is closed this time of year but we were lucky enough to get a private tour because the carpenters who work for the New England Historic Society (can I have that job?) were on sight fixing some things up. We told them we were Jacksons and they let us in! It was so cool!

I just can't believe it has been standing since 1670-ish.

We ate (and danced) at the Blue Mermaid Restaurant (Rachel Ray's pick)located in the historic Hill neighborhood. It was delish. 

We got lost on our way to the lighthouse and ended up on a private road that led us to some beautiful homes sitting on the Atlantic. 
I'm a good photographer. 
Ian made us feel so special! He just loved us! Vic trained him to call him "Uncle Cousin Vic." It was hilarious to hear him say it the entire time we were there. I am now "Aunt Cousin Molly". Man, that kid is well behaved! Joe and Jen are amazing parents. Very disciplined and organized. I learned so much from watching them. 
Here's where we stayed in the North End for three nights. I loved being in the heart of the city! Especially around all the Italian food, fresh gelato...I had visions of living in this apartment and taking Lucy around on the T (Subway). Playing in the city parks. It is my dream life. 
Vic teaching Jack how to make the "POP" sound with your fingers in your cheeks. Vic is so great with kids. They all love him. He is so respectful and understanding of other people's children and treats them like "adults". Asks them questions, talks to them, is patient with them. Everyone comments on his love for children. I love this quality in him!
Ok...one more thing. We stopped at an arcade after getting off of our sunset sailboat cruise. I haven't laughed this hard in....MONTHS. We went all out. Tokens all around. Play to your hearts content (Only in my childhood DREAMS!) We won enough tickets to buy a genuine whoopi cushion and a few extra tootsie rolls to boot. Nathan and Marie know how to have fun. You should have seen me with my brother rocking the Dance, Dance Revolution. Vic attempted an "arm's only" version of the game---IT. WAS. HILARIOUS. 




Sorry for so many photos---but it was amazing and beautiful!!
Friday, October 17, 2008
More Boston Photos
Posted by Molly Bice-Jackson at 10:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow, what a fun trip. I love seeing all those pictures. dont apologize for letting us into your lives. What a sweet present from Jen too.
"Vic is so great with kids. They all love him. He is so respectful and understanding of other people's children and treats them like "adults". Asks them questions, talks to them, is patient with them."
That is why Jack and Grant have always adored their uncle Vic. When Jack was a baby, no one could make him laugh like Vic could. I still can't do it. - Chris
have you written your letter to LL Bean yet?
Thanks for the pics. We don't see enough of Joe & Jen. Jenny
Thaks for the pictures. I am so glad you got to have some fun. I know it was a "mixed" holiday at times but at least your living. Jenny, your poem was amazing on Molly's blog. Thank you for sharing. Love you all Mom
I love the basket idea and how thoughtful she was with putting so many great things in it. I can only imagine what great hosts Joe and Jen were - they are the best! And Ian well behaved? I had no doubt. I loved all the shots, what a PERFECT time of year to be visiting there. I'm glad you laughed the hardest you had in months - what a great trip from reality for a while.
I am so glad to see more photos! I saw these a long time ago and realized I never thanked you for posting!
Post a Comment