Monday, February 23, 2009

Dear family,
I am glad to hear from some of you and miss you when you don't all or write. Is that a guilt trip? No I just mean I love you and wonder how you are every week.
I read a good book this week, by Glen Beck. I like the thought that we should ask our kids not "what" they want to be when they grow up but "who "they want to be. It is more to the point as we just want them to be happy, more that just taking care of yourself financially.
We saw David and Caty(sp) Sunday. They have three adorable little kids. Their little girl is 2 and has dark eyes and dark hair. It gave me a lump in my throat. Lucy and Malina would have had such fun. David and Caty seem to be doing well. I noticed that without their parents, the kids are drifting apart at least that's what I think. What would you do if your parents weren't around?
Dad has taken pictures of every member of our ward and visits the move-In's and move-outs. He knows who lives in every house in our ward. This has been very helpful to all the ward leader's as you can imagine. Way to go Dad.
I am on Stake Activities committee and we are organizing a Culture Night.
Tonight we are having our group Family Night . It is at our house. This is where we play games and eat and visit. I really enjoy this. Last month we went to a restaurant to eat.
Love you and remember you in our prayers. MOM

3 comments:

Pack of Robinsons said...

Mom, all your children love you and are well. But if you remember how much time you had to spare when you had little ones, you'll forgive us if we don't write often. Even calling is challenging when your kids scream in the back ground. Glad to hear about your callings, cultural activities? Tell us more! Jenny

marlenegetsmail said...

Yes, your right Jenny. No worries, I get to hear from you on the blogs. Thanks to all of you. Mom

Vic said...

Mom,
You are wonderful. We love you! Dad, you are amazing. We are very very lucky individuals to have been blessed to be your children. We need to get down your direction I know...