Monday, July 23, 2012

The kids are gone

After a visit from Joy and the kids, the kids wrote on the side walk and drive way. It was a self portrait for some and Allie drew a picture on the side of the elevated part of the drive way. Any way, in view of that and Jenny's kids visit,here is my rendition of what happened.

Stay till May.

The pictures were in place
My granchildren's art and face
I loved to see each line
On the drive- way, they were mine
I could see them when I walked
I remembered where we talked

But, alas it didn't stay
For the rain washed them away
Now I long for pictures in that place
And I long to see their face
Some future time I know
I will waite for them to show

It's the fate of getting old
The visits too soon grow cold
I guess there isn't any way
To make them stay till May.

4 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

oh that is so beautiful Mom. Thank you for sharing. i love you.

Jason and Joy said...

Oh I wish we could have stayed longer too Mom. LOVE the poem!!!

Joy

Wendy said...

That was really beautiful, Mom. It really was a fun trip! These are memories I will always cherish and I love the time I spent with you!

Pack of Robinsons said...

Oh I miss my Mom! Beautiful Poem!