Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May

May is my favorite Month! I'm not talking about holidays, memories of my children's births, specific events or seasons. Just months. It's May. It just says "love me". Too many things happen this month for it to be just another page in my calendar.  It happens to be the month I graduated from College, got my Black Belt, and found my first home.  You are already thinking of other big events, aren't you? Happy Birthday to Paul, Vic, Aunt Bonnie & Grandma Jackson. Happy Anniversary to Peggy and Thad, Paul and Kristyn, and Vic and Molly (in that order)!  Happy Mother's Day and let's throw another holiday in just for fun - Memorial Day. There are play try-outs this month, and Father and Sons campouts.  School lets out, and I just might take a couple of weeks off and travel to Utah. Why not! (I'm sure there is a heart to say that as well). I might just get another niece or two this month. Adam goes home this month with our prayers for his Mother and their success.
 And Lucy's graduation day. Her beauty and life adds a depth to this month and gives us perspective to laugh, cry and be generally grateful for our lives.
Are there other things I've forgotten this month?  I think May can handle it!  If I ever have another girl, May would be a name at the top of our list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May is also my favorite month, always has been.

Pack of Robinsons said...

Is that why you married in May? somehow i feel left out now.

Anonymous said...

No not really, it just worked out that way. But like you said, May is when school gets out and there's always such a fun feeling in the air! Its just about summer and is so exciting! And the weather is always the best.

Jason and Joy said...

I was thinking last year about how I LOVE the month of May. The spring mornings, the temperature, the flowers. May has an excitement in the air. There is something right around the corner... a freedom almost in reach. Is that because of the graduations in May? Graduation from winter and heavy coats, school, singlehood, earth-life, pregnancy- my mission finished in May. May feels like FREEDOM to me.

Joy