Mom and I were talking about 9/11. My kids schools won't let me bring in the newspapers we have from that week in NY. I want my kids to know this part of history. (after all, my kid's school shouldn't get in the way of their education) We were talking about what we experienced. There are so many things I remember but I have a bit of tunnel vision for that day. I would love to hear all of your memories. Some of us were together but we all still have different memories from it. If you are up to sharing, I would love to hear your thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I remember that day. It was Grandma Jackson's funeral. I remember the call form Chris. I couldn't believe it. I could hardly leave the TV to get dressed. Then trying to get everyone home after. Did Jason pick you up Joy,Wendy and Sam. How did you get to him.
I drove Vic to Las Vegas to the bus station. What a zoo!. Remember Vic. And then Vic went with a total stranger back to Pepperdin. Jenny waited and waited. How was the flight home? Were people nervous?
Paul was on a mission. People were asking you questions weren't they Paul? Did you mission Pres. talk to you missionaries?
Thanks for the opportunity to remember. Love Mom
I remember that morning too. I was sleeping on the floor in my old room, next to jenny I think. I remember the phone being for her and hearing her gasp. I knew something was wrong. We sat on the ground downstairs and watched as the 2nd plane hit. I was so in shock by that image. I felt so grateful that chris wasn't at work that day but I still wonder what it was like in his shoes- what he saw and felt to be there. I remember talking with vic after/during the viewing- we wanted to join the the Army that day as a Nurse and a Lawer/Jag. But we had to finish school first. Now that I'm done with school, I would like to be availaable to help in a big event like that.
I was sleeping in Mom and Dad's queen bed with Jenny (Wendy, were you on the floor in there then?) when Chris called. I was laying there with my eyes shut half asleep when I heard Jenny gasp. I think we all sat up then. And then Jenny told us to run down stairs where we turned on the TV.
I went for a run later that morning, before the funeral, and the sadness and sorrow and shock I felt was so juxtaposed with how bright and beautiful and perfect the morning was.
Mom, you drove us all- Vic, Sam, Wendy and I- to Las Vegas. We met at Maria's house (Jason's sister) where we sat and talked for a minute or two and then Jason drove us home in his (soon to be our) white Honda that was new-to-us since his truck had just gotten stolen and you took Vic to the bus station. Yes, that was crazy.
Post a Comment