Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lest we forget

Gingerbread Contest 2009 (with no actual gingerbread). I don't think Sam ever got to see these. 2009 was a great creative year.


Sam and Peggy- Indian Jones and Temple of (if I eat anymore candy you are gonna have to roll me out of here) Doom

Jason and Joy- Ponca Jackson Directing Traffic after the HORRIFIC accident in Zion's National park (please don't bleed on my upholstery)
Paul and Kristyn- Oceanside Living
Wendy- I'll Be Home (in the Orient) For Christmas
Jenny and Chris - Brooklyn Bridge (of bounteous jelly beans)
Vic and Molly- Hotair Balloons (and a lense that wouldn't get it all in). That is so Albuquerque.

Anyone remember who won? Oh, oh yea.

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay! Fun memories!

paynejandj said...

One of our most competitive years I must say. Do we know who judges will be next time? Hmmm...

-Jason

Anonymous said...

Man that was a great Cabin. We should go back.

Kristyn said...

It looks like Wendy's is floating in air. You can't even see the hand holding it up.

I think Paul gives a great performance as winner!

That was a fun year. I had totally forgotten about the light from Peg and Sam's...that was awesome.

Pack of Robinsons said...

Wendy's floating Pagota is fabulous! Why didn't that win? Or any for that matter other than a gram cracker sitting on icing? And Jenny and Chris's was the Brooklyn Bridge! Gee, if you'd walked it as many times as we have you would totally recognize the arches! :)

paynejandj said...

@ Robinsons- I did remember later that it was the Brooklyn Bridge (and quite awesome at that) but it was the beautiful blue water that threw me of as to the location of said familiar bridge. Ha!

paynejandj said...

Oh and Kristyn, don't forget that Sam and Peggy's also had the theme music which I thought was over the top!

Sam said...

Way to go, Peggy! You did an excellent job on the Indian Jones gingerbread temple.
Thank you Joy and Jason for posting the photos. How fun!

-Sam

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I know, I know. Our hot air balloon attempt was PATHETIC (not as pathetic as the beach hut-turned-fishing-on-a-cake-pan). But, ya know.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

And yes, Wendy's was awesome and was the one I voted for (we did a vote after the "judges"..so called...left and went back to watching Highschool Musical and Twilight).

That was a great cabin.

paynejandj said...

Um, I REALLY loved the hot air balloons. And if you say it was pathetic, well, I'm offended. You are telling me my sense of beauty and taste is askew. Honestly, I wish we would have thought of that! :)