Friday, December 31, 2010

The New Year

I have at Christmas and New Year- a time to think about the year coming. I base it on the year past I guess. Last year this happened or didn't. This year, what will it bring. What or who will we be missing when next Christmas comes? Will I be here? Will my Mom? or your Dad? I know Lucy has already made it to the other side. What can be harder than that -except another loss. Can't outguess it. Really it's hardly in my hands or control. I do have control to be greatful and enjoy what is here. I am supposed to be the author of my life. That seems like a thin veil of control. But, as it is, how do I know who I am and what I stand for if I don't experience these things and try to dictate the response to life.
So, another year I am grateful for, down to my tonails that I am here and so are you, my family. I loved seeing you this Dec. I don't know why I am still in Utah but-where would I go? I can't follow everyone around. I would have been a constant at Vic and Molly's if I had know the time with Lucy was so short. Maybe that's the purpose of some of these things- to value these little precious moments.
So another year ahead of us. May you find and enjoy the moments, try hard to make yourself who you want to be, and remember, we have each other- Love MOm

4 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Marlene,

That was a very sweet post. I'm looking forward to a new year and new beginnings. Thanks for being such a great grandmother to my kids and mother-in-law to me.

Wendy said...

Very insightful, Mom. I am grateful for the time we spent together in December too. Our family may be crazy, but I love every part of it. I love you too!

Jenny said...

I love you Mom! And who knows, maybe there will be more of us by next year! Thad for sure! (Hey Peggy-how is he at decorating graham crakers?)

Jenny said...

crackers, I meant crackers! Ah nuts