Here are a few "before" photos of our new home. We have a lot of work to do. They are in random order... I'm too lazy. It's 3,000 sq. feet with a great basement. We are painting the ENTIRE thing. Even the cabinets. Anyone want to come help?

View from living room onto back deck. Deck has stairs that lead to backyard. There is a stream in the backyard that leads to a pond. Come play in the pussywillows and catch frogs! (The snow is gone...not to worry. Oh, but it is snowing right now. But it won't stick. Just stick a needle in my eye instead).

View from upstairs hallway. To the right of this photo is the master bedroom. To the left is Peter's room. Down the hall on the right where you can see an open door is Peter's bathroom. Across the hall from the bathroom is another bedroom.



Master bedroom. We have our own little deck. Can't wait to get chairs and read out there on a summer night when the kids are in bed.

More kitchen. We are painting the cabinets white (dream come true! I've always wanted a white kitchen. It seriously makes me giddy). And the walls will be a light green.

To the left is a computer nook and more cupboards. We were going to get stainless steel appliances but we're thinking we might do white..even though the cupboards are white. What do you think? Too much white? Our friend who is a major designer says that stainless is already on its way out. Hmmmm.... We are also replacing the floor and doing a dark wood. Anyone want the old floor? It's pretty new. It's a light oak. (Pergo)

We LOVE the green color. But it doesn't go with our furniture and the kitchen is going to be green....so we think we are going to go with a neutral over the green. Just a khaki brown. Thoughts? The green is fun, but I think its a bit much for such a big space and it will be hard to coordinate furniture with it.




Leading to basement (there is a door in the living room). At the bottom of this set of stairs is a landing with a HUGE storage closet. You can see the lanolium floor. There are shelves in it and it's big enough to be a bedroom. Love it. You go down one more set of stairs to the 1,000 sq. ft basement. It is an above ground basement (not walk out though) with about 8 square windows and tons of light. There is also a full bathroom downstairs.










9 comments:
wow... it looks amazing! Sure, I'll come help paint, since I didnt help with the last one.
I like the white appliance idea. I figured we were on the tail end in buying ours but they were brand new scratch and dent and so they were CHEAP-er than the others on the floor that is. Anyway, we feel like we got a good deal and now we need to buy an stainless steal refrigerator. Just in time to go out of style. OH WELL!
Love the house- Congrats!
I still love the green too.
How exciting you guys! But to be honest, we soooo do not envy the painting you have ahead of you. :) We painted every single room, every single closet and a ton of ceiling as well. It was fun for the first little while and then got old. I listened to a lot of books on CD though, loved that part.
And wow, so many color/decorating decisions to make! Very fun. Can't wait for the after pictures. There is NOTHING like working on your own house. The sense of accomplishment at the end is the best. Have fun you guys!
Love all the space and windows! Go with white but keep your magic eraser and bottle of vinegar water handy at all times!
Wow - beautiful house. Looks like you have wonderful views too. How exciting to have a new place to decorate and call "home". If you are serious about needing a new home for the pergo/flooring - I'm willing! :) how many sq. ft is it?
Your new home is absolutely beautiful, Molly! I'm excited to see pictures of it when you are finished remodeling.
We'd also be interested in the Pergo flooring if there is enough after your friend Coralee takes what she needs! We'd only need somewhere between 360-400 square feet.
Cool house! I am moving into a house in California next month with a white kitchen and stainless appliances and it looks really great. I can send you pictures.
Augh! I didn't get the comments about the flooring until we had already thrown it out. Darn it! Sorry guys!
Post a Comment