I wanted to let you know what happened when some of you were here, the evening of Fri. I guess that was just Joy's family.
The babysitter was here and she couldn't get the remote for the TV to work. She called her Dad, who lives across the street. He came over and just walked in and went downstairs. He was finished and started to come up the stairs. Grandma Hope was standing at the top of the stairs and stood so he couldn't get by. She said" I don't know who you are but your not taking any of these kids!" He said, I'm your home teacher and I am just helping Olivia. So Mom said Oh, and moved and he asked how she was and then went home. I just wanted you to know your Grandma is still on duty. . She is 90 but she will do something if she has to. Isn't that cute. This was told to us by Bill, the Dad across the street.
I think it was funny too as we talked to Grandma later. She said "I was in my house dress and didn't have my teeth in. Only a women knows what she is wearing in times of crisis.
I guess Joy told Luke that Grandma was going to bed because she was old. Luke met her at her door the next morning. "You went to bed because you were old. Now its morning and you got up and your still old. Grandma had a big laugh. I wish old age would go away by going to bed.
2010 has started out well because we got to see all of you. I still put the 0 down and squeeze the 1 in after when I write the date. Good luck Jenny on the chicken raising. I think It's kinda fun. We don't have big plans here. Your Dad is coming down to Arizona for appraisal class. I will stay here with Grandma. Vanita called tonight and they are getting ready for classed to start. They have been to their old mission and touring around. All is well. Take care and we will see you in the funnies. Mom
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Safe at my house
Posted by marlenegetsmail at 5:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mom, I don't remember every saying anything to Luke. Although I guess I could imagine him asking where Grandma Hope was and me telling him she had gone to be and he asking why and I guess I must have said because she was old and older people get tired sooner. Hmmm. That is probably what happened.
It is 9:15pm and I am tired and want to go to bed. How old does that make me? 63?
Marlene, I love your mom. Tell her so. Goodnight!
Post a Comment