Tonight like several nights before have been emotional and long. This journey to the "other side' has been going on for awhile now and when Mom was in the hospital I thought it was at an end. It sure looked and felt like it and I started grieving then. Then we brought her home and she rallied and we could talk and she was a littler slower but almost her same self. I can't think of a better gift than to have a loved one approach death and then get a repreave and have them back for awhile. You appreciate and devote your time to them.
Monday, Mom fell. Hit her head. It was going to be sore but she didn't need stitches. Then Tuesday morning she fell again. It was hard for her to get up. I had to have your Dad help me. She is sliding into that next curve of her journey.
Tonight I was in the TV room, reading, and she sat up in bed and said,what? I went in to her. "What's wrong Mom. Someone called my name", she said. " Was it Dad", (your grandpa) no, it was a women's voice, it was as clear as can be". She has two sisters and her Mom, grandma Price, on the other side. Well, I guess they are trying to encourage you, I guess." " Yes, I guess they are waiting".
I bent over and said, Mom, I love you and I will miss you,I said.She put her arm around me and told me she loved me and I don't know what I would do without you".
I treasure these momments. Of course we are ready because she is tired of her afflicitons. But, you don't always get to have this time.
I had a friend tell me I wouldn't regret this time. It has been 4 years and not easy. I missed being with my kids sometimes and taking off. But, I will never get a chance to tell my mom I will miss her and I love her for a long time.
I hope by sharing this that you hold each other a little closer and remember all the family that you have. We miss our Lucy and can't wait for this time to hold her again. It hurts doesn't it.
So, to all of you, I love you and I miss you tonight. Each phone call and post is a reward to me.
Good night, Love Mom
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Posted by marlenegetsmail at 7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Mom, we love you and are all with you beside grandma. We wish we could be there physically and hope things go smoothly.
I'm so glad you posted this. We love her and will miss her so much when that time comes.
I'm glad you posted this too Mom. Its so sweet to hear about those times between you and grandma. Love you.
I always think of you as Mom - all knowing, all powerful, all loving: Mom. It is good to remember you were a daughter first... I glad that you have had this time with grandma too. We love you. Tell grandma we send her love... say hi to Lucy for us if you run into her...
Vic
Marlene, thank you for this post...love you!
Post a Comment