This is a blog to all my in-laws. It is a blog to say thank you for loving me. After the wedding and all the weekend festivities, I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for all of you. Lately, I have been overwhelmed and amazed as I look back (and as I look presently) on those in my life who chose to not "turn away" from our pain when Lucy died. It is not an easy thing to face, and the repercussions of that loss and the on-going pain mean complicated emotions and behavior for me. So I wanted to thank you for being patient and kind with me. Thank you for loving and supporting me and Vic. It is no secret that I get overwhelmed when the entire family gets together. After seven years of marriage I am still trying to adjust. And since becoming a mother, going through such a huge trauma, and trying to re-adjust and learn who I am again, I know I can whine and complain about my lack of sleep and other areas of my life. In truth, I know I am very blessed and am so grateful you are my family. I know Vic loves and needs each of you. He keeps so much locked up inside in order to put on his armor everyday and go fight for our family. So thank you for being a light in his life as well, especially when I am unable to give him light myself sometimes.
I had such a great time at the wedding dinner, going on a run with Kristyn, hosting some of you at our home, walking around Temple Square, and gorging myself in the chocolate and cheese fountains. (They should make life-size fountains of that stuff in public parks...). Peggy was beyond beautiful, and Peter had the time of his life with all the cousins.
Sassy and different as my background may be, I still love you all.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
From the Bice Girl
Posted by Molly Bice-Jackson at 2:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Molly we love you so much! All of you! All the perfect, wonderful and less perfect parts too. Thanks for your patience with all of us.
And that photo is adorable!!!
We love you too. Our lives would never be as interesting or our conversations so lively with out you. You are a wonderful hostess as well, down to the little lotions and extra toothbrush in the guest bathroom. And so forgiving when I flub a recipe in your new KitchenAid. :) (Still Yummy!)
Love you sis- no big deal. It was a whirlwind for all of us. We'll have to get together and stuff ourselves with turkey or something that will chill us out long enough to say hi.
-Jason
And Joy is sad her comment disappeared. Buggy blogger as usual.
Post a Comment