Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Home Improvements

First things first...BE SURE TO READ THE POST BELOW THAT KRISTYN JUST POSTED.


I woke up today and decided that my house is kind of "cute". Oh..there is still SO much I want to do with it, but I thought I'd share some photos of how it looks nowadays. Last time most of you were here we had just moved in and things were not in order. It still isn't the exact style that I feel is truly "me" but hey, you work with what you have.












This silhouette was done by Jen Jackson. It is so precious and perfect. One of my favorite gifts.






Vic did a great job on the table! The painting on the left (if you click and enlarge) is an original watercolor done by the talented Margaret Blake (a lady from our ward). It's beautiful.


I made the pillows! I'm proud (So maybe Jenny Towery helped me a little...but still).




Entry way.


Loft.

And for those of you wondering if we will have snow at Thanksgiving....
look no further.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its true ya'll, they're place is very cute. And the Snow looks so pretty! I cant wait.

Kristyn said...

Wow, that is a LOT of snow.I think I had forgotten what it looked like at this point. I know I don't remember what it feels like to be cold!

Your place looks great! I love the choc brown - we painted our bathroom a really similar color! And I love how you decorated with fall things, that way they can stay up from Oct till Nov-ish. Smart! Isn't it so nice to have your own place that you can decorate, paint and call your own, and that is new (to you at least)??? Having more space after being in a condo must be wonderful! After living in apts for a while, it's nice to sprawl out a little ourselves. I love the silhouette. I wonder how she did that... Can't wait to see the place in person!

paynejandj said...

It is beautiful! I love the fall decor too. And Kristyn... in places that actually have a fall season- you can put up fall decor starting in SEPTEMBER! I love it!

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Yes, it's true. i put it up in Sept.

Wendy said...

Ahh! So pretty! No fair! Don't rub it in too much! But I like the pictures.