Ode to the Peach
The best part of summer, besides having bare feet.
Is the fruit that has ripedned and is ready to eat.
My favorite fruit tree stands proudly and ready on my front lawn
No longer waiting for this favorite to sing"its ready" song.
We pick it and pluck it and count each lovely round peach
The orb peels easy, soon juice runs down and out of reach.
We place it sliced in bowls for family to saver this perfection
Some add milk,som cream, some nothing at all, it needs no correction
I have shared this with others cause we have more and to spare
Hope you get to ear yours, Its the perfect summer fare.

9 comments:
Marleney, I didn't knwo you knew how to rhyme so well! And if we were in Utah you can bet we would be all over getting piles of peaches. Mmmm. Peach pie is the best. Make some and eat if for me.
P.S. Did you mean 'eat yours' in the last line?
Yes, I was so careful I thought. I just haven't learned to take a minute,go somewhere, then come back so I can see the mistake. Well, we will have a bowl of peaches for your. Love ya Marlene
What a great poem! But I have to say, even better than the poem is the box of peaches you brought to Vic's office yesterday!!!!!! I am eating one right now with my vanilla yogurt for breakfast. Vic reminded me that you had reminded HIM, that Lucy loved these peaches. I seem to remember now a time that she spent the night at your house and when we came to pick her up you told us that she wanted Mo, Mo, Mo! We'll have peaches with her again in the resurrection.
Marlene, you can also use spell check when you type (the abc icon above the text box) so you don't have to worry about typing, then going away, then coming back. I just wish they had a way to spell check comments - I am the WORST at checking them for spelling errors and I type too dang fast to notice at the time. Argh.
I love the poem! I LOVE peaches! I am so sad my neighbor's tree is almost finished. I loooove peaches!
By the way, your misspelled word will now be underlined in the "comment" box. So just check for red lines before you hit publish. If the word is spelled correctly but the wrong word, it won't find it. Like "your" instead of "you" for example.
Love you and your typos mom!
Wish I had a peach tree.
Mom is an excellent rhymer. Ask her if you can read the childrens book she wrote. Its Gold!
Marlene, I loved that poem! I didn't know you were a poet. I want to see more poems from you. We too are enjoying some Utah peaches. They're probably not as yummy as the ones from your tree, but they are yummy!
Mom, I don't think I have ever had peaches from your tree! But we do have a box of peaches from Utah that we're planning to freeze. We love peaches! Jenny
Post a Comment