Happy Birthday ol' man. Yes, we didn't create a colage for you like we did for mom... but thats just because we didn't want to seem predictable. You never know what you'll get with this group. But We love you Dad! Happy 85th birthday... or was it 86? Ah well, who can keep track these days.
Thanks for:
* Never letting us go camping un-prepared
* teaching us how to do taxes
* going to work every morning
* worthily holding the priesthood
* always asking for socks for Christmas
* owning a hottub
* "Yahoo'ing" & "Wahoo'ing" louder than all the other Dad's at Seven Peaks
and last but not least
* Supporting us in all of our get rich schemes... like college.. and our jobs
Monday, September 22, 2008
Happy Birthday Pops!
Posted by Anonymous at 11:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
In case you were wondering I am the looser that tried calling at 10PM (sorry). We wanted to call all day and were waiting for a good moment that never arrived. We love you! Thanks for also teaching us how to mow the lawn- even the girls! And for warning us when you were REALLY mad by biting your tongue. Ooooh- we KNEW we were in for it then.
haha, good point Joy. I forgot about the tongue biting thing, but man oh man did that save us.
Everyone, write what you're grateful to Dad for teaching! I wanna hear what everyone else loves about our ol' man.
I don't think I can comprehend how much it meant to have the scriptures and gospel taught to me at night as I drifted off to sleep and on all our family trips as you told the stories of the prophets.
Having Zorro read to me was pretty great too!
You've done well dad. You've done well.
As an in-law I'm hoping I'm still allowed to leave comments even though you didn't raise me. When I think of Leland, the first thing I think is that according to my memory I have never heard him say one bad thing about another person. Ever. I don't know anyone else I can say that about. That is amazing. I also think of his bandanas and his straw hat. :) His love for Bear - that I swear sometimes surpassed his love for his children (just kidding). His meticulousness and lovable attitude toward finances. He is amazingly detail-oriented . And has more integrity than anyone. Happy burfday Leland (that's from Thacks!).
I remember being Dad's companion on some Branch Pres. visit. Dad suggested we day a prayer before we go and I asked Dad why we need to close our eyes when we pray. I remember looking at my feet sticking in mid-air because I couldn't reach the floor of the car as Dad patiently explained why we close our eyes. Thanks, Dad for giving us all your extra time and some of your extra patience. Jenny
Happy birthday Pops! Thanks for teaching me how to park backwards down a slope in the snow with no room for error. And I always loved the stories of prophets and the bible on our car rides. I think I got my storytelling abilities from you. And thanks for always taking us camping! I sure do miss that!
Post a Comment