A Night Time Wish
Wanting to go down early to my dearest bed
I shook the day's worries out of my head
My cares floating slowly without any sound
Like snow in the mountains came tumbling down
Out fell the recipe that I should surely soon try
Then the list of ingredients swiftly came by
Next the decision to fix the draft by the door
The furnace runs daily it seems more and mor
The thank-you note I must write for the kindness of others
What a blessing to have closely sisters and brothers
Next an appointment with my local physician
To see if he can cure my sleepless condition
Out fell the guilt of the food I'd consumed
Tomorrow I'll find discipline and keep it uptuned
Out falls the worry of money, sewing, and cleaning
Out falls the scriptures that for me has much meaning
Out falls the memory of the words I had said
I regret, negative and unthinking thoughts I had spread
A charge to do better to my friends and dear souls
I must find a way to fill empty bowls
Alas I am done, but what now do I see
Because of the worries, there's no room for me!
The bed's full or sorrows and things I should fix
Alas, I'll go see if there's some hot chocolate mix.
Your mother
Sunday, November 24, 2013
Posted by marlenegetsmail at 8:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ooh! I like it!
This is fantastic!!! The very best thing I've seen you write. Loved it.
Mom, you win!
Post a Comment