Let me make a short story long.
We've started our summer desert contest and for those faithful followers of our zany family, Hailey is the Judge since she won last summers contest. This means all our treats will cater to her likes in hopes of winning her vote. Grant was up first and decided: SNOW CONES!
As I got to thinking about it (read: how can I make this harder for me) I remembered a little gift certificate to an equipment rental place that just happen to rent snow cone machines. Big ones. Grant was in so we went down and snagged our selves this massive machine with some yummy flavors. But the predicament- How can you have such a yummy treat, and so much of it with out sharing.
So Family Home Evening ended up:
in our drive way
with us knocking on the door of every neighbor who had kids
making over 50 snow cones
and loving the evening!
As I sat chatting with my neighbors, watching the kids play and enjoying a cool treat in 95 degree weather, I realized just how much I like snow cones in the summer. It didn't feel nearly as hot and it was so relaxing I wondered how a summer day could get any better.
Oh, but it can!
(Are you thinking what I'm thinking?! -Mackay asks me this and I always laugh. How could a grumpy tired mom possibly be thinking what a vivacious 5 yr old is thinking? I always respond "candy"?!)
So, what I'm thinking is how much fun this would be up at the reunion after our Olympics.
Yea?
Think about it. This is crazy but it could be oh so much fun!
Here is the break down:
Snow cone machine rental $55
4 Flavors @ about $6 each/ $24
40lbs of ice $6
cups $3-5
I'm just saying... this could be fun!
(And if we stick to green and blue flavors we will have fun colorful smiles for the family pictures that evening!) Oh so much fun!
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yes! I think this is a great idea! I'll pitch in a few dollars, and help find a place to rent a machine up here. Or maybe Jim and Laurie still have their machines? They used to own and run a few shaved ice shacks.
Hmmm... so just under a $100 for snowcones. Do we have 10 family who would be willing to pitch in $9-10?
I love the idea of checking with Jim and Laurie first. :)
They would be yummy. And otter pops would be cheaper.
The cheaper the better.
Oh, wait. I'm only a Jackson by marriage.
Post a Comment