Hi Family,
Thank you so much for posting your pictures.
First, talents. We have been reminded to appreciate the talents we have and that of our loved ones. I was reading Pauls patriarchal blessing. I got the idea that your Father in Heaven knows you better than anyone else. I hope you read yours and that you can see the talents that you have, also through living,you develop talents and use them in your callings. Vic asked me once if I was proud of my kids, all having college degrees and getting married in the Temple. I am more than proud. You are better than anything I have done. I credit it to the people you were to begin with. I am Thankful that I was allowed to have you.
Second, testimony.
I wanted to share two things that I have heard lately. I work in the Temple on Sat. mornings. It is just so sweet! I can't tell you how fun it is. Especially when I can do my part easily. Memorizing took me awhile.
A temple worker that worked on Sat. died at home. She went to the temple that morning.They found her in her garden that afternoon. Apparently she knew she was going because when they found her she had her hands together (like a prayer pose) under her cheek. She was laying on her side. Then they found her dog had died also,they figure after she died. I know this sounds simple after the death of Lucy,but Heavenly Father is in charge and decided she didn't need anymore challenges.
We went to Hal and Verla's ward for Rachel's homecoming,which was very special and touching. It was also a fast meeting. A women got up(she works in the Temple with me) and stated that in life there is Thunder and Lightening and great storms that have to endure. We can't change them. She then said she decided to "dance in the rain" and let storms come in and not to fight them. Then her husband got up and said that this week he found out he has Pancreatic Cancer. He and she are in their 70's . He stated he prayed about what treatment he should try. One night he had a dream and saw his father and his father told him to come as soon as he could. So there will be no treatment but just an acceptance of moving on to a new life. She is accepting too but still is starting to grieve, I can tell.
So, my testimony is that the Lord knows our storms and will still send us tender mercies at times. I know this gospel is a huge,magnificent truth. One convert in our ward said, this is what Plato and Socrates was looking for. This is the truth that the world needs to live by, and someday it will.
Have a good week and I hope the storms are small. Love Mom
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Storms and talents
Posted by marlenegetsmail at 9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment