Friday, January 20, 2012

Thoughts that I should probably keep to myself

I have been thinking a lot about Lucy lately. As we approach Allie's baptism next Saturday I have a lot of mixed emotions. I am so excited and proud of her because she really wants this, it really is her choice. Part of me though also realizes that this marks the end of her innocence so to speak. She is accountable now. And WHAT IF she decides to make choices in her life that we are not happy about. What if she chooses not to follow the Savior later on. That is a real possibility and in the end it is her choice. Part of me feels... maybe a little of jealous of Vic and Molly? Lucy is theirs! Now all they have to do is their part. If someone gave me the option of living my life without Allie... well that is like asking "would you rather have you arm bitten off by an alligator or your leg bitten off by a shark?" Well, hellllooo- neither! There is no answer to a question like that. I am sorry about these morbid thoughts. This is a joyful time! Allie is going to be baptized!!!

But there you go. I just shared them with you.


This is a sculpture in Slovakia at a memorial for unborn children.

3 comments:

Jason and Joy said...

We miss you Lucy.

marlenegetsmail said...

Yes,Joy,
Thoughts like these plague us all because we love so much. The temple come into view at this point. It is essentially what will keep us together. Sometimes motherhood keeps you awake at night. Love ya
Your mom

Wendy said...

that is a beautiful statue!