
http://www.npr.org/2011/05/19/136142322/book-of-mormon-creators-on-their-broadway-smash
I told Mom I would send her the link the Fresh Air (liberal left) radio show and interview with the creators of the Broadway hit "Book of Mormon". It is edited differently than what I heard on the radio. They left out some of the song clips and some other things. Make no mistake, the broadway show is crude, crass rude and they are making fun of Mormons. BUT.... well, listen the radio clip (when you click on the link above it will you take you to the NPR page and you click on "Listen" to hear the show).
There is no such thing as negative press... right???
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Posted by paynejandj at 7:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is quite interesting. I am looking for further interest on this. Lets see if it works. Mom
When I first heard about the show, I thought it was a joke. But if Spiderman is on Broadway, I guess the Book of Mormon can be to. Thanks for the link!
Businessweek also has an article about mormons. Its not all together acurate and mentions this show as well as Big-Love as getting the mormon name out there. Yeah, it is, but This is not helping anyone understand what mormons are or what we believe.
I'm with Wendy. I've read several articles on this, and a few have quotes from the playwriters that it's actually a stab at all religions, and that Mormons are just a scapegoat for their play. Please. They say they chose Mormons because they're just so NICE that they will probably still wish them success even though it's about them, or something like that. Actually, that I can believe.
My feeling was that perhaps someone would be more curious about the Book of Mormon after watching the show. And that they would know that Mormons believe in Jesus Christ. That I thought was huge in and of itself. They say statistically that 1 out 5 people don't know that Mormons believe in Jesus Christ. Perhaps a little more people will now know that we do?
Post a Comment